A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to design and construct The Interchange has been released! The work will be contracted under a design-build selection process.
The RFQ outlines the need for:
- A three-level parking structure that supports an elevated pedestrian plaza
- A new light rail platform, with corresponding track and bridge structures
- At-grade light rail storage tracks
- A street level plaza area
- Reconstructed intersections at Fifth Street North and Fifth Avenue North and Fifth Street North and Sixth Avenue North
- The design, construction and relocation of the administrative offices for the Hennepin Energy Recovery Center
- Site work improvements, including clearing, grubbing, landscaping, hardscapes and associated utility improvements
The RFQ documents are available online http://www.hennepin.us/contractopportunities or by contacting: Steven Louie, Purchasing and Contract Services, Hennepin County Government Center A-1730, 300 S. Sixth St., Minneapolis, MN 55487-0175, firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to the RFQ must be received no later than 11:30 a.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT), Friday, Oct. 28. Hennepin County reserves the right to reject late responses.